CCANS believes in the power of education and continuous learning to help continuing care professionals deliver quality care, adapt and succeed in a crisis situation, and strengthen morale. We offer two incentive programs — the CCANS Bursary Program and CCANS Regional Education Fund.
CCANS offers three bursaries in the amount of $1000 each year to support those frontline staff who are furthering their education.
- Applications are accepted annually starting October 1 to November 1
- Applications are reviewed in early November
- Bursaries will be awarded in November
- Funds will be released in January of the following year with proof of enrolment.
- Applicants must currently be employed or volunteering in the longterm care sector and seeking opportunity to further their education. Consideration will also be given to students involved in the co-op program.
- Applicants must work in/be associated with a facility that belongs to the Continuing CareAssociation of NS and is in good standing.
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program that has a program required by the continuing care sector. Examples include but are not limited to: CCA program, LPN program, RN program.
- Consideration will also be given to other programs however the primary focus is for frontline care providers at this time. The applicant must have 100+ hours of work, volunteer or co-op experience in a continuing care setting, and must be planning to return to the continuing care sector following their graduation.
- A resume with an attached cover letter (500-word max) detailing the qualities that make you a good candidate for the long-term care field and how you meet the above criteria.
- Proof of enrolment is required. Proof of acceptance at the time of application for courses in January is acceptable. If enrolment is in January, proof of enrolment will be required prior to the release of the bursary.
- A letter of recommendation from a manager within the CCANS facility, signed by the facility’s administrator.
Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2020 at 5pm.